ABSOLLUTE AUCTION-3591 BIG RIDGE RD, CLINTWOOD, VA
Visit the “Photos” tab below to see larger images.
SELLING AT ABSOLUTE AUCTION
ESTATE OF DELLORIA EDWARDS TURNER
BRICK RANCH ON 30+/- ACRES LOCATED 2.5 MILES FROM MARINA COVE & FLANNAGAN RESERVOIR
SINGLE WIDE PRODUCING RENTAL INCOME
SELLING AT ABSOLUTE AUCTION
THE ESTATE OF DELLORIA EDWARDS TURNER
SAT, MAY 4, 10:00 A.M.
REAL ESTATE SELLS @ 11:00 A.M. FOLLOWED BY VEHICLES
3591 BIG RIDGE RD, CLINTWOOD, VIRGINIA, DICKENSON COUNTY
BRICK RANCH HOUSE ON 30+/- ACRES LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 2 & 1/2 MILES FROM MARINA COVE AND FLANNAGAN RESERVOIR
1996 CHEVROLET CAVALIER W/50,000+/- ACTUAL MILES(Personal vehicle of Mrs. Turner, garage kept)
2007 CHEVROLET COBALT W/168,000+/- MILES
SINGLE WIDE CURRENTLY PRODUCING MONTHLY INCOME
Mrs. Turner was a well known business woman in the community as owner/operator of The Joe Turner Grocery located on site of the 30 acres. The brick ranch contains 3 bedrooms, 2 full baths, eat-in kitchen, living room w/fireplace (propane logs), breakfast nook, enclosed front sitting porch, nice basement, attached garage. House has nearly new roof, hardwood flooring under the carpet. Property sells “as is” as per deed description, DB 538/PG 514. A desirable location convenient to John Flannagan Reservoir and the Marina Cove.
Property includes a single wide currently rented and producing a monthly income. It will be the responsibility of the new owner to negotiate a continued rental agreement or to deliver a 30 day notice to vacate said single wide.
LIMITED LILSTING FURNISHINGS/PERSONAL PROPERTY: Dish cabinet 4 glass front doors; Beautiful handmade quilts in excellent almost new condition;Signed print Clincfield RR Station in Kingsport, TN; T L Prevost botanical prints; Crocheted baby doll dress and doilies from 1940’s; Old handkerchiefs; Mink collars; Door doily; Fondue pot; Flour sifter; Set of 5 stacking pottery bowls; Mortar and pestle from chem lab; Vintage push mowers;Vintage adding machine; Mirrors; Corner table; Cabinets: Shelves; Corner Curio; Wood trunk;Porch furniture;Mini fridge; Table & chairs; Misc dishes; Side tables; Lamps; Rugs; Hollywood style bedroom suite; Small floor clock; Electric sewing machine; Porch furniture; Cedar twin bed; School desk; Dresser; wheel barrow; Crock churn(new plunger/lid); Hand crank churn; Blender; Slow cookers; Vintage cookware; Vintage egg beater; Cookie cutters; Vintage Zane Grey books-(TAPPANS’ BURRO, ROLLERS’ ROOST, WILD HORSE MESA, THE SPIRIT OF THE BORDER, ETC); Vintage marbles; Storage boxes; Ladder back rocker; Plaster wall plaques; Vintage jar w/zinc lid; Vintage serving tray; Fiesta cups; Carnival glass; Milk glass bowl w/gold trim; Story books-Uncle Wigglys Story Book, Wolf Breed by Jackson Greggory, Swiss Family Robinson; Wooden baseball bat; Counter top store display rack; Walking stick: Amber water pitcher; Misc brown stoneware; Canner; Area rugs; Cassette tapes & case; Coca cola tray; Stemmed glassware; Pink depression sugar w/lid; 4 door cabinet; Tea pot; Wood desk top organizer; Oak frames; Oval frame; Beautiful handmade quilts; Perfume decanters; Cheese box; McCoy planter; Food saver vac 750; Elvis albums; Bolos; 2 green oatmeal glasses; Crocheted items; Clear powder/candy dish w/lid; Unusual Elvis wine bottle holder; Drug store Lemon squeezer; Rice cooker; Phone cabinet; Medicind cabinet; Model ship; 5 drawer chest; #10 crock; Vintage floor lamp; Metal porch glider; Caned rocker; Ladder back side chairs; Punch cups; 2 Stereoscopes w/300+ picture cards; Vintage hand tools; Vintage hand made tool box; Sears Air Compressor 1/10 HP paint sprayer; 28″ vanity w/sink; Canon printer; Microscope; Baskets; Misc glass service plates, egg dish, cake dishes, covered cheese server, cracker servers; TV cabinet w/doors; Vintage curved bottom chair; Stone crocks; Extension cord & reel; Fishing poles; Small chest freezer; Gravy server; TV Cabinet; Hand tools; Saw; Copper tubing tools: Hand square; Chandilier; Vintage swag light. Many additional items that are yet to be uncovered. BRING YOUR FAVORITE LAWN CHAIR AND PLAN TO SPEND THE DAY!!!
TO REVIEW DRAFT FOR CONTRACT OF PURCHASE CLICK ON DOCUMENTS
1. BIDDER REGISTRATION is required in order to bid by receiving a bid number. Driver’s license or similiar ID must be presented.
2. AUCTION is ABSOLUTE including Real Estate, Vehicles, Furnishings. ALL SALES ARE FINAL, “AS IS” – “WHERE IS” with any and all faults. Bidders are responsible for their own research as to marketabilty, condition, faults, purpose of use.
3. BIDDING/PURCHASING is not subject to obtaining financing. Financing should be in place prior to auction day by becoming pre-approved through your lending institution if applicable.
4. BIDDERS INSPECT PROPERTY AT THEIR OWN RISK as neither Seller, Auction firms, nor Auctioneer are responsible for any bodily injury or damage to personal property while on the auction property.
5. ANNOUNCEMENTS made auction day take precedence over all printed or verbal material.
6. REAL ESTATE SELLS at 11:00 A.M. A 5% buyer’s premium will be added to the highest bid to constitute the final contract sale price. A non-refundable ten percent (10%) Escrow Deposit is required at the conclusion of the Real Estate Auction. Successful bidder will be required to sign a contract of purchase along with the 10% deposit payable to Gaines Dickenson EScrow Account. Check will be applied to the balance due at closing upon delivery of the deed within thirty (30) days or as soon as legal documents can be completed by the lending institution.
7. THE AUCTION FIRMS represent the SELLER IN ALL TRANSACTIONS.
8. REAL ESTATE SELLS AS PER THE BOUNDARIES AS PER DEED DESCRIPTION. NO SURVEY WILL BE PERFORMED BY THE SELLER. PROPERTY SELLS FREE & CLEAR OF ALL LIENS AND ENCUMBRANCES, EXCEPTING EASEMENTS, ZONING, ENCROACHMENTS, RIGHTS-OF-WAYS AND RESTRICTIONS OF RECORD TO THE EXTENT THAT THEY MAY LAWFULLY APPLY. PUBLIC WATER/PRIVATE SEPTIC. PURCHASER WILL BE REQUIRED TO SIGN A WAIVER REGARDING ANY ASSESSMENT FOR LEAD BASED PAINT ACCORDING TO TITLE X ON HOUSES BUILT PRIOR TO 1978. COPY OF DOCUMENT AVAILABLE ON THIS LISTING UNDER DOCUMENTS.
9. PERSONAL PROPERTY sells “AS IS” to the highest bidder. There will be a ten (10%) buyer’s premium added to each lot or item to constitute the final bid. Payment in full by the conclusion of the auction by cash or check, no credit/debit cards. Virginia sales tax applies unless tax exempt number and form furnished at time of payment.
10. VEHICLES sell immediately after the real estate. Vehicle Title will be conveyed auction day if payment by cash. Title will be mailed upon clearance at bank, if payment by check. NO OPEN TITLES.
IN CLINCHCO, FROM RT 63N & 83E, DICKENSON HIGHWAY (NEAR THE CLINCHCO MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH) TAKE RT 63N, BIG RIDGE ROAD FOR A TOTAL OF 3,1/2 MILES TO AUCTION SITE. PROPERTY SITUATED AT THE INTERSECTION OF BIG RIDGE ROAD AND THE LAKE ROAD. AUCTION CONDUCTED ON SITE BEGINNING AT 10:00 A.M. WITH THE FURNISHINGS AND PERSONAL PROPERTY. WE WILL PAUSE TO SELL THE REAL ESTATE AT 11:00 A.M. FOLLOWED BY THE VEHICLES AND REMAINING FURNISHINGS/PERSONAL PROPERTY.
GAINES DICKENSON AUCTIONEERS, INC.
P. O. Box 69 Castlewood, VA 24224